There’s a saying in Minnesota that we like to talk about the weather because it’s always an extreme event. Well, this week was no exception. We can’t claim the snowfalls that Chicago had (we had that much a couple weeks ago) but the below zero temperatures are wearing me down! I want to hole up in a warm toasty cabin and ignore it all. Which is, of course, impossible. So this week’s top picks are all the things I wish I had time for right now. I’m craving the chance to make something with my hands, even though my work is keeping me too busy (but happy/busyfreelance clients is a good problem!). So why don’t you help me out and follow through with some of these ideas for me?
Plus, stop by Monday for a free downloadable giftie for all of my lovely readers! I think you’ll like it!
This week’s picks:
- (image above) It’s such a universal thing – kids making forts. I love it when adults truly join in the fun, like Victoria at sfgirlbybay: she’s just bought herself a teepee and is fiendishly planning the interior decor. I’m coming right over – I’ll bring some tea! Get your own Teepee at Back to Basics Toys.
- I like this sweet tutorial for a felt heart Valentine’s Garland. This looks pretty straightforward – and pretty pretty too. From momtastic.
- Hands down, this is my favorite DIY project I’ve seen in years. A very lucky girl now has the perfect vintage suitcase filled with a handmade doll, playset, and the perfect clothes and accessories. I. Die. via Modern Kiddo.
- These beautiful tree ring paintings are so simple, and so quietly moving. I’d like an entire wall of them. (And yes, I know I could make some, but I hate to steal such a wonderful idea).
- Did you know you can make your own Lava Lamps?! Here’s the Lava Lamp How-to’s. Plus, there’s a series of other chemistry-based tutorials too. via Classic Play.