Need to get away from it all this February? Yep, you need some wings.
These little crafty winged heart cards are the perfect jumping off point (har har!). With a little cutting help from mom, kids could definitely make these cards as well.
Plus, these cards only require a few bits and bobs:
- Pretty colored paper – I’m partial to oddball combos like pink and orange, or baby blue and red.
- White Candy Cups (I found white liners at JoAnn’s, or maybe you’d like silver liners like these?)
- Glue stick or other sticky method.
- The ability to cut out a heart. Or, maybe grab some heart-shaped stickers like these from Knot and Bow!
You could also craft a big fat version with cupcake liners and larger hearts – we could even create double-sided winged hearts and hang them from the ceiling! Hmm, I may have to try that next….
- Take one candy cup, flatten it, and fold it in half.
- Cut around 2/3 of the inner round circle, then cut straight along an accordion fold to the edge.
- Open up the cut candy cup, and cut along the original fold line to create 2 separate wings.
- Cut out a heart and prep your final surface.
- Glue wings to the back of the heart. The angle of the wings is important to make them look like wings.
- Glue the heart with it’s new wings to the surface of your choice.