Wow what a week over here! We had a little preview of our new schedule this fall: Birdie went to a morning day camp at her new Montessori school. It’s been fascinating to watch her slowly growing to enjoy all the new experiences and independence. (no tears! I’m so happy for that!) On the flip side, it’s utterly quiet around the house in the mornings, and it’s going to take me some time to appreciate that kind of solitude. (just watch, by next Spring I’ll be worried about having her around every morning!)
How many of you have kiddos starting school in the fall for the first time? What a roller coaster! Which part makes you the most excited?
Meanwhile, Small for Big has been nominated for a Parents Magazine Best Blogs Award! Could you take a quick sec and Vote for Small for Big here?
And here’s this week’s top picks online:
- (image above) I just love the series of Paper Doll Printables that Inessa shares over at Diaper Style Memoirs. Download her Summer Paper Doll, Laurel (and all of her lovely clothes) right away!
- Such a beautiful idea behind the Dear Photograph blog: revisiting the original locales of old family photos, with an updated story. As they state: “take a picture of a picture from the past in the present.”
- You may already know I love Toca Boca (see this post), and now they have another new app for iPhones and iPads to add to my collection – Robot lab. Create your robot, then race it through an obstacle course!
- My lordy I’ve just found the cutest retro baby rompers thanks to Babble’s daily style blog, see the Handmade Baby Jumpers post, then buy several for all your future baby showers for a tiny $25 a pop!
- Here’s a super simple idea for creating a table top dollhouse with your kids – then let your kids decorate the Printable Play Space themselves. via Frugal Family Fun Blog.