I can feel the urgency in the air already – August is halfway over and there’s just so much to do before fall arrives! Not only are there school issues for Birdie, and class preps for my teaching schedule, but there are all the little summery things I still wanted to sneak into our days. Trips to the pool, naturey craft projects, having more. time. outdoors. Ah well, it’s still warm in September, right? Meanwhile, I had a blast doing some fall clothes shopping with Birdie at H&M (but I DO NOT understand why they don’t sell online, get with the times people). And this weekend? I’m jumping in feet first for a last minute romp in NYC, can’t wait for my flight this afternoon – and some concentrated time with my iPad.
Have an incredible weekend, and come on over on Monday for an arty giveaway!
This week’s Favorite Links online:
- (image above) Beautifully simple paint jobs on some iconic animal silhouettes from The Good Machinery (are these originally Schleich?) The smidgeon of gilded metallics is genius. (Prints and actual animsl are available).
- We’ve got a new Flash Site to add to my Top Flash Sale Sites list! My Habit comes to us from Amazon, but the selections and design are much higher than your average Amaazon experience. Email me if you need an invite!
- Do you love all of those shoes your kiddos have worn? Hate to put them away? Try out this cute Shoes as Growth Chart DIY from Real Simple Magazine. Easy and effective.
- Perfect fall fashion choices for boys and for girls over at Baby Blackbird this week!
- What a gorgeous version of DIY Sun Weaving with paper plates craft by Michele Made Me, found via The Crafty Crow.
- If I can get through Birdie’s latest nasty cold (it makes her temperament rather temperamental) I think I might try this simple Toddler Chore Chart, found via Babble.com’s Family Style Blog.
Small for Big has been nominated for a Parents Magazine Best Blogs Award!
Vote for Small for Big here!