Well, it’s been a busy week – which means I know exactly what I’ll be doing this weekend: making a halloween costume for the munchkin. Hey, that’d be a fun costume, a munchkin! See how easily distracted I am? Luckily Birdie is adamant in her costume choice for this year, and thank god the whims of a 2.5 year old are fairly constant in this case. Her favorite stuffed animal is a little black cat that I designed that we named Mo. So whenever I ask you get a very firm “I be mokitty!!!” We’ll see if she’ll actually allow all the little accessories I have planned! What are your costume plans for halloween? I really want to know, it’s always so inspiring to hear the creative juices flowing of others – so share your costume plans in the comments!
This week’s picks around the web:
- (image above) One of my favorite blogs, Handmade Charlotte, has a new collection of kids clothes at Anthropologie. Gorgeous, heirloom, a little rich, but worth it. Yum.
- Wanna a Halloween craft for the weekend? How about turning styrofoam plates and yarn into Spider Webs? Love how easy and open ended these could be. via Teach Preschool.
- Take some ethereal Halloween inspiration from these winter pixie images over at Little Miss Heirlooms.
- Lasso the Moon reminded me just how much I love the Words short film from Radiolab and NPR. I think Birdie and I will watch it together today – and I’ll narrate all of those fabulous word connections as we go.
- Maybe some cardboard inspiration is what you need for last-minute Halloween preparations – how about these cool woven cardboard baskets over at CMYBacon.
- Raw wood children’s furniture prototypes from Bo Reudler Studio, found via Coos and Aahs.