It’s been a stellar week around here – lots of Valentine’s Day shenanigans and sweet sentiments. Plus, a sturdy dose of freelance work that’s keeping my mind zinging along at high speed too! Now it’s time to play a little catch up around the house, and see if I can’t calm my brain back down. Anyone else feel the same way?!
In the big wide world of toys, Valentine’s Day always means the big event: New York International Toy Fair. For the past couple of years, I’m always torn – I’d love to be there. But money, time, and parenting usually suggest I stay at home. Luckily, the internet makes that decision easier. I’m just diving into all the post-fair wrap-ups now, and included my faves in this week’s round about!
This week’s best links:
- (image above) For the doll-obsessed such as myself, I think dollhouses come along for the ride. This DIY dollhouse spotted at Diaper Style Memoirs is a beaute. The train tracks turned sidewalk put me over the edge!
- There’s a cute Toy Fair round up from a “toy snob” perspective over at Apartment Therapy. Because, yep, I’m also a toy snob, no doubt.
- Not Cot’s Toy Fair coverage is my favorite find so far, we definitely have the same favorites – how about you?
- Babble.com takes the opposite approach and embraces the Crazy – see the most outrageous toys here.
- Want to see the craziest but cool use for old wooden thread and spools? via Cuteable.
- I wasn’t thinking spring (more like, avoiding it, since it’s probably 3 months months away up here in the cold North!) until I saw these easy spring outfits on Mint. I want that dress (it wouldn’t matter how bloated I was feeling, I’d look awesome, right?!)
- I don’t know how she gets her girl to sit still, but Kenziepoo posted a sweet little girls updo tutorial. Man. SO cute.