Welcome to your weekend! But I believe what most of us are thinking is in fact: Thank the Gods Above that it’s finally March! I’ve been buried at my computer this week, working on some really fun new designs for a freelance project. So I was stunned when I took a breath and realized the date. Yippee Hoo! (as my girl would say).
The most important link around the web for bloggers this week is The Homies 2012 Award nominees. Click over to The Homies list, STAT, and vote for me and all of your other favorite bloggers. I think we all hate begging our readers for votes, but it really does make a difference. It’s such a long list, I’d love to get closer to the top (I started promoting a bit late, my fault!) – but I know you can help me get there! Vote for Small for Big Now! Today’s the last day!!!
This week’s favorite links:
- (image above) Buy Modern Baby always finds the best uber graphic poster prints, this abstract poster interpretation of Bert, from Sesame Street, is awesome. (and so is the Ernie poster!)
- Mer Mag’s easy but gorgeous DIY circle punch art project with her boys is inspiring – I can see Birdie loving this project for it’s repetition and organization, and I’m loving the results (unlike some kid DIY’s!)
- Have a techie-minded kiddo? Check out these creative tech/building toys to get your geek-in-training up to speed. via Apartment Therapy.
- These explosions of unlikely objects and unlikely scenarios is like time stopped, and some sort of scientific magnetic theory exposed. Check out Thomas Jackson’s Emergent Behaviors photos via Good.
- I agree wholeheartedly with Handmade Charlotte: I must have this book (Crea Tu Circo!).
- Parenting often feels like one giant exercise in compromise. I know I’ve loosened my original no-tolerance stance on screen time for Birdie. Read how Stephanie at Modern Parents, Messy Kids “gives in” to the iPad – and without sacrificing her morals! I think this is a great way to use the iPad for Good.
- And please, help me out and vote: Click here to Vote Small for Big – and thank you so much.