This is a strange sensation, I’m kind of at a loss for words tonight. How rare is that?! Ok, maybe that’s not entirely true, but my mental state is a rare one. This week I told someone I felt like a placeholder. It’s like somehow I wasn’t really a part of what was going on around me? It makes me want to really dive into a project like 365 Grateful - it feels like I need some method to mark my days that’s better than the pencil scribbles in my datebook! Maybe it’s my unusual schedule, or a certain lack of focus right now, but the days are floating by. Though I think I’ve enjoyed them when I’m in them, at the end I often have no clue why or how.
How do you help yourself remember your life? The ins, the outs, the random moments that make it good? Seriously, I’d love to hear your advice!
This week’s favorite links seem a little extra “arty” and surreal – must be that strange mood I’m in!
- I’ve just “met” Michelle, of Molly Moo, and her blog is a real treat. I’m currently ogling the astounding little pirate ship she made with her Little.
- I’m a sucker for interruptive installations like these gorgeous Geode pieces by A Common Name, Thanks Erin at Design for Mankind.
- Drawing with Leaves is such a simple idea. But when executed as beautifully as this, it’s … well, colossal. I’d love to try this as an art project with Birdie, when she’s a little older maybe? via Colossal.
- I’m on another doll rampage, you should see my Pinterest Feed (and folow me!), I’ll be including this big-eyed Jess Quinn doll from Little Miss Heirlooms.
- Wonky Playgrounds: the crazier the better. In fact, I love them so much I just realized the last two picks this week are actually from the same blog. I’m going with it, they’re awesome. See even more crazy playgrounds from this Danish Design Firm.