Summer vacation officially starts today at our house! It’s Birdie’s last day of school, and it’s just hit me now that next week I only have half of my usual work-time, and absolutely no kid-friendly plans/ideas/projects in mind. Um. Hm. I think I know what you’ll see me pinning on Pinterest this weekend! Got any ideas you’d like to share? What’s your favorite kid-centric thing to do in the summertime?
Round about the online world this week:
- In my 20′s, when voicing absolutes seemed the thing to do, I swore I’d never use wallpaper. But now all of the amazing options like these from Loboloup has me eating my words. Via Buy Modern Baby.
- This little animal pocket knife from David Suhami is a stunner, no sharp points or crazy unknown implements, just different animal combinations of heads and legs. Wonder when it will be available to purchase? via the Novogratz on Pinterest.
- This modern balloon-festooned table is seriously floating thanks to some industrial strength “balloons”, extra-special helium and other crazy materials. Fascinating! via CMYBacon.
- Sometimes it’s the really obvious things that I totally space out on. Like trusting in your gut instinct. This sweet Life Design 101 post from Design for Mankind is a perfect reminder.
- Maybe my husband would lose stuff a little less often if he had a container as cool as this My Stache Jar via etsy. Gee, Happy Father’s Day Dear!
- This post isn’t new, but I just found out and I’m smitten. Click for a delectable list of homemade soda recipes like cherry almond, watermelon mint, plum rosemary …. mmm. yums. via the Kitchn.