It’s been a great week for blogging – if you missed the announcement, I’m now a contributor to Apartment Therapy! Isn’t that exciting? I’m particularly chuffed because it means I have more opportunities to share the things I’m always stumbling across, without having to shove it all in and make it fit within Small for Big’s more designy focus. Between that and my weekly Houzz posts, I’ve got lots keeping me busy and keeping me inspired.
Meanwhile, I’m a desperate fan of Alt Summit. I have every intention of being in Salt Lake City for the Annual – and much lauded – designy bloggy conference in January. However. The tickets sold out before my husband had a chance to buy my gift, er, ticket. SO. There’s a chance to win a ticket if I share a little Alt Summit Love with you. Which is easy to do, considering my extreme liking for all things Alt. Their newish Alt Blog is actually very stellar – quick, but super useful tips on blogging, social media, and other design goodies all in one location. I’m currently devouring their latest post on customizing your Facebook timeline - it’s something I’ve been meaning to update, and their tutes will make it quick work. So I can easly say, for blogging inspiration and business advice check out the new Alt blog.
Now, on to this week’s round about the web:
- A favorite designer and a favorite object – Helen Dardik and printable book plates! via How About Orange
- The most inspirational yet buildable treehouse idea I’ve seen yet, via mocoloco
- An office scavenger hunt that has me thinking: rainy day kids activity anyone? via the Moo blog
- Gorgeous examples of what school picture scould be if Stomping Ground Photography comes to your neighborhood. via Swiss Miss
- Fun back to school lunch ideas for kiddos – I’m always drawing such a blank! via Food.com
- I’m still looking for shoes for Birdie – and I’m definitely leaning towards some silver! via Cool Mom Picks