Christmas is such a sneaky holiday. You wouldn’t think so, would you? We know the date is the same every year, it always follows Thanksgiving like clockwork. It’s not like popular culture would let us forget it – between the commercials, the specials, the malls, the catalogs, etc. Yet somehow, I’m never really ready for it. It sneaks up on me and I am standing there, obstinately believing I have another week left. This year is worse – because we’ll be celebrating with my family over the weekend instead. So technically, our Christmas is today. Have I packed yet? Nope. Are the presents all wrapped? Well …
That’s why this week’s round about features all the gorgeous gift-wrapping ideas I didn’t have time for. Dear family, here is what I wish your presents looked like:
- Gold foil pennants, via TokkeTok and Pinterest.
- Button Wrapping, via Blank Goods and Pinterest.
- Add a quick pocket, via Martha Stewart.
- Twigs, twine, etc., via Love vs. Design and Pinterest.
- Pom Pom Faces, via Kandee Johnson.
- Homemade bows from magazines, via Whole Living.
The Merriest of Christmases, Post-Hanukahs, Kwanzaas, Christmakuhs, Festivuses, etc. to all of you! May you all keep the insaity under control, and drink lots of hot chocolate!