We went to Birdie’s Montessori school yesterday for one of their Parent-child nights. It’s this amazing chance for kids to show their families exactly what it is they do all day long in that strange-looking Montessori room. Seeing Birdie bursting with confidence, chatting with her peers, and taking charge of her “work” in the room was such a blast. It was even better this time because my parents got to tag along for the ride. Montessori is so hard to explain, you have to see it to get it. I think now they get it. What a great way to end the week! Well, to almost end the week. Today I’ll be working hard to finish up some freelance projects! What’s on your agenda?
Round about the web this week:
- Makes me want to do some finger painting. Yago Hortal artwork via Design Crush
- Pom pom hedgehogs. There’s nothing else to say. Seriously. via Molly Moo
- The most absurd yet awesome iPhone amplifier ever. via Etsy Blog.
- I want a dozen or so hanging in our dining room. via Minted
- Let’s get touchy feely with our alphabet. via Cool Mom Picks
- I LOVE these tips. 8 Countuerintuitive Parenting Tips via Elizabeth St.