We’re one week closer to Spring everyone! We. Can. Make. It. Even if this week started out with an 18″ deep blizzard, I’m still going to try for the optimistic approach. Though it would help if I didn’t have a cold. Or didn’t know dang well that spring in Minnesota doesn’t really feel good until the end of April. Nevermind, instead, I’m going to focus on my favorite things like winter blankets, warm fireplaces with good tea lattes in cozy coffee shops, and knitting. That, and sharing some lovely links, kay? Okay.
This week’s picks:
- (image above) Trula made this unbelievably perfect doll and clothes for her daughter. Don’t you just start drooling at the sight of her and her adorableness? I’ve been dreaming up my own plans to make a doll for my little girl – it’s almost like she snatched them right from my brain. Read the story behind the doll at Trula Kids.
- We’re always ready for more books around here, and the list of 7 new page-turners from Daily Candy gives me some great new reads to search for. We have the Where’s Walrus and love it already. Do you own any of these gems?
- These handmade wall hooks are so whimsical both in looks and technique – paper mache? Wire? No wood? How cool is that? See the how to and the crazy faces at Giddy Giddy.
- Sweet animals behaving like humans make their debut in Selfridge’s London shop windows. Makes me wish I was a window designer. via Pirouette.
- Lil Magoolie finds another great DIY tutorial (I swear she has a magnet for ferreting out good content). This time it’s for a simple diy monster tooth fairy pillow.