Does Small for Big bring you an extra dose of design, inspiration, and affordable fun into your day to day? Have you left a comment or two saying “Love that!”? Now’s the time to return the favor, because this is your last chance to vote for Small for Big in Parents.com’s Best Blog Awards. I’m so honored to be nominated. And if Small for Big lands a featured spot, you can guarantee we’ll be able to spread this goodness to a much bigger, farther, and wider place! Help me with my vision, won’t you? You could even tweet it out to all your tweeps. Or facebook. Maybe some last-minute postcards.
Now on to even better things – this week’s favorite picks online:
- I think Modern Kiddo has hit upon a goldmine of an idea: The Little Book Report Club.They’ll be featuring all those books we read when we were yutes. You know, Judy Blume, Little House on the Prairie, etc. Because I really do wonder why I liked them then, and what they’d read like now.
- Buy Modern Baby’s blog does indeed have the Best Pirate Product Roundup Ever, and I quote.
- The blog It’s Nice That has a really fascinating little stop-motion video featuring all the coolest toys from the 80’s, by Micaël Reynaud.
- I was first in love with the name: Flatout Frankie, and then I followed with a big crush on the goods: awesome cardboard toys for kids. Found via Lil’ Magoolie.
- This may be the funniest response to recalled cribs you’ll ever see: 10 Clever Uses for an Old Crib, over at babble.com. But there are some really great ideas, honestly.
- And the best dog costume you will ever see? The Star Wars AT-AT dog costume by Katie Mello, found on the Inhabitots blog.