This week my sweet Birdie girl has returned to her true form. I swear last week I thought her third birthday had included some magical demon-child curse. As always, I am reminded that the only constant with a child is constant change. It’s as fickle and fleeting as her favorite toys. Is this true with your kids too? It seems it’s all about testing limits until they’re tested out, then regrouping, then testing again. I’m trying to remember the demon-child could return at any moment. Any tips from the trenches?
This week’s top links around my favorite web haunts:
- (image above) We have a true balloon fanatic in our house – as you can see from her birthday party. She would be over the moon (er, balloon?) for this balloon lamp, via coochicoos.
- If you’ve been having a deomn-child week, you have to read Momastery’s post: Don’t Carpe Diem. It totally put me back on track. Thanks MOD Playhouse for the link.
- Tattly has so many new temporary tattoos out – I think it’s time to invest in the kids tattoos set - I’m hoping Birdie would share with me? They have Valentine’s Tattoos too!
- Oh how I want to get a copy of Okido Magazine, a UK kids magazine focused on sharing science and nature to younger kids with a focus on design and illustration. Uh, that sounds perfect. You can view the issue at Okido’s website, but of course, for kids, it will be better in their hands with a dose of crayons and pencils! Found via Odette Manon.
- There is an enchanted play space in Tokyo, called Chateau Bon Bon, where children can learn about other cultures through play and activities, filling their passoports (no, really). And with the walls painted like that, I want to join them right now. via LMNOP.
- Check out these color explosion printables - there’s a fruit and veg store, and some gorgeous blocks too – then get to making them, found via Kickcan & Conkers. Makes me salivate.
- I really want to make some contact paper art with Birdie, and this post is a great starting point. Via Nurture Store.
Have an amazing weekend everyone – see you next week!