The best part of my week? Birdie spent her mornings this week at her Montessori School’s Summer Camp. That alone is nice, having my mornings to get things done. But even better: they have different themes every week, and this week’s was all about making art! I couldn’t wait to see what the kids had been making. Now we’ve got a masking tape gallery in our hallway filled with her creations, and I love every single piece. It’s also fascinating to see outside influences affect the things she makes – it’s got my arty gears turning for future projects together.
Meanwhile, round about the world this week:
- Awesome modern posters of Pets and Music from a Purina Music Festival Sponsorship? Who woulda thunk. via Grain Edit.
- Someone, please, take me now to MoMA’s Century of the Child: Growing by Design 1900-2000 exhibit. I can hardly stand not being there! via LMNOP Blog.
- I’ve been meaning to get some lacing cards for Birdie, now all I have to do is get these printable sewing cards to the printer! Thanks Handmade Charlotte.
- Now here’s an inspiration for your next DIY name/lettering/typography project: Falling Leaves typography via Design Milk.
- I’d like to travel around the world to see all the amazing playgrounds out there, and top on the list would be this Crocheted Alligator Playground in Sao Paolo. via This Is Colossal.
- Are you as obsessed as I am by the amazing paper DIY’s popping up all over the web? Here’s Babble Family Style’s Top 10 Paper Projects.