diy: pom-pom chandelier

by mari

diy make your own handmade pom pom chandelier - neon, boho, stripe, mod, retro craft!

OH my sweet heavenly stars. As soon as I saw the photos of Bar’s Chandelier project, I got a little giddy. I have a sneaky feeling that you, dear readers, are going to LOVE this project. Besides, who doesn’t want an excuse to make a plethora of poms? I know I needed one! Here is our second fabulous post from Bar:

I love anything pom-pom related. I sometimes wish I were a kid again so that I could get away with sewing them all over my clothes. But I’m a “grown-up” now, so instead I made this chandelier (which did satisfy my pom-pom addiction quite nicely).

Here’s what you need:

This DIY is a labor of love. I would rate it challenging, but not at all impossible. First, you need to make lots and lots of pom-poms (54 to be exact). For my chandelier, I chose 6 different colors plus cream (to rest the eyes). I still can’t believe I bought these pom-pom makers. I’m not one for fancy products, but I love these contraptions! The photos will give you an idea of the sheer genius behind this invention. (They come with instructions, don’t worry.)

After you’ve made the pom-poms (which took me a while, making a few here and there over the course of a few weeks), it’s time to get to the more challenging parts…attaching them all together! Download this PDF for the full instructions. (Give it a try, I know you can do it!)

I’m so happy with this boho-chic chandelier. I love the combination of black striped ribbon, neon poms and silver shimmery thread.

Voilà! Here it is hanging in my home. Thanks for indulging me, and have a happy Monday!

-Bar

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Haeley @ Design Improvised May 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

I absolutely love this project! A fellow pom-pom addict, I have done several pom pom craft projects, however this might have to be my next! I love the color palette and the fact that you placed it in the dining room instead of a kids space. So fun.

2 mari May 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

Isn’t It amazing? I know, I want to put one in my dining room too!

3 meri cherry May 6, 2013 at 10:35 pm

are you kidding me?! this is soooo awesome! i want to eat the pics, they look so good. i love the colors, especially the black and cream ribbon on the hoop. i just bought pom pom makers the other day. totally inspired! thank you!!

4 mari May 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

Thanks Meri! I agree it looks good enough to eat!

5 Bar May 8, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Haeley & Meri for the comments…so happy that my pom-pom creation has inspired you. I would love to see what you come up, and I’m sure Mari would too! xo

6 mari May 8, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Oh yes – feel free to send pics when they’re done!

7 lyndsay May 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm

oh that is AMAZING! and so much fun – love the gif, and the perfectly ice creamy colours you chose for your pompoms, Bar!

looks like i need a pompom maker!

8 mari May 17, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Isn’t Bar amazing? She picked the perfect colors.

9 Rach June 29, 2013 at 6:09 am

Love this! I did one just like it last year for a craft blog I contribute to and it was a big hit – like Bar says, it’s a labour of love, but totally worth it :)

10 mari July 1, 2013 at 11:12 am

Really? Great minds think alike! You should send us a photo – big at smallforbig.com

11 Cassi August 13, 2013 at 12:55 am

Such a great use of pompoms! I linked to it at The Crafty Crow!

12 mari August 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Wonderful – thanks Cassi!

13 Kitchen Remodeling Venice October 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This
paragraph posted at this site is truly pleasant.

14 kitchen design layout November 30, 2013 at 4:20 am

Awesome! Its really remarkable post, I have got much clear idea concerning from this article.

15 newkitchen65.blinkweb.com January 24, 2014 at 11:04 am

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?

There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy
your content. Please let me know. Thanks

16 Winter February 1, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Other snow joe sj621 plants are more sensitive to heat, heavy frost and winds.
Its natural inclination is to make your shopping experience simply worthwhile.
Mom can go green when traveling with Fuji’sEnviroMAXas they
are eco friendly and durable. The production of fragrant, white
or pink flowers by these plants mark the beginning of the heavy
& freezing winter months. The fall and winter collections.
The addition of a blazer. Kale has approximately 45-60 days to
harvest and lettuce 30-45 days.

17 Winter February 2, 2014 at 9:34 am

First, how will she cross the necessary bridge to her first
intimate encounter since her mastectomy? They are the cheapest winter source of ascorbic acid vitamin C.
This family lodge has its own ski-in snow 9 exit next to the Temple Beth David 1060
Randolph, Street, Canton and across from a stable where
horses can be rented.

18 Winter February 2, 2014 at 1:41 pm

A Cool HeartStéphane is a loner. You can’t easily see the structures as you
drive snowboard winch along Pacific Coast Highway.
Winter also makes feeding cattle a bit difficult. Hence
keep them covered with gloves and socks available to if
you’re in a romantic relationship.

19 Youtube.com March 13, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Because the admin of this site is working, no doubt very shortly
it will be well-known, due to its quality contents.

20 ebay March 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

I have learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how a lot effort you set to make the sort of wonderful informative site.

21 spice mobile games April 11, 2014 at 6:59 am

I quite like looking through a post that can make men and women think.

Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

22 Pickupclub.info April 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm

The fact is that not a lot of people enjoy this particular game
genre because it requires far more thought and intelligence than many of the games where you just run
around randomly shooting at things. Just as
we go to the gym and engage in exercise to increase our physical fitness,
the brain has to be kept stretching to strengthen in
throughout our life. Time they could be developing a passion
for dance, art, or music.

23 mlm leads April 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm

If you would like to get a great deal from this post then you
have to apply such strategies to your won web site.

24 http://gb.pinterest.com/webdesignsrilan/ April 18, 2014 at 3:34 am

Sometimes, this may mean the kids watch television or use a smartphone so parents can make dinner.
There are also common file formats that may be shared by large main-frame
and desktop personal computers that allow online and real-time inputs and validations.
Easily cleaned surfaces mean both a savings on cleaning agents and a cleaner environment for homeowners and building owners.

25 watch for no good reason online April 18, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this technological world
all is accessible on net?