We’ve made plastic bag ghosts the usual ways in the past, but I never liked them very much. They didn’t have enough oomph for me when they were in the tree!
So, we’ve come up with a new method. It’s still super easy and quick to make, but the final ghosts blow in the wind much better, and I like how their faces look without having to be all scrunched up at the neck. Ready to dive in?
What You Need:
- Embroidery Hoops – various sizes will work, I used 4″ and 6″
- Tall Kitchen Trash Bags with a drawstring top
- Sharpie permanent markers
What You’ll Do:
- Fold up the bottom half of the trash bag and cut strips about 1.5″ – 2″ wide all the way across.
- Then snip the bottom seam of each strip to open them up.
- Draw your Ghost’s face on the top of the bag.
- Now open up the bag, and then close the drawstring top about halfway.
- Insert the inside of the embroidery hoop inside the bag, near the drawstring, and the outside hoop on the outside of the bag.
- Adjust the drawstring top of the bag within the hoops until it’s fairly even – make sure the drawstring loops are fairly even too.
- Now tighten up your embroidery hoop – it’s ready to hang!