Welcome to your weekend! How were your first 2 weeks of Summertime? Sometimes I wish my well-insulated little Minnesota house had long walls of continuous bi-fold doors that just folded out of sight. That might be the only way I could actually breathe in enough of our short-lived summer air. Oh, yeah, and I was just diagnosed with Shingles, so I’m in the mood to lounge on the soft sofa and look out onto all-things-summer while cradling my tender arm, versus sitting in the midst of the hot sunshine. Sigh. Let’s hope it clears up fast so I can get back into summer-mode!
Round about the world wide web this week:
- Last minute gifts for dads keeping you up at night? Inhabitots has some great eco-friendly and well-designed DIY ideas to keep you on track.
- Wow, Paper toys like this bring the whole genre to a new level, see many more detailed paper sculptures by Papero that you can build at Design Milk.
- Daily Candy highlighted a great new subscription toy company called Little Pnuts - it’s totally geared towards toy snobs like me!
- Love the idea of the portable food truck? I’m more in love with this super cool Art Truck, via Design Public.
- What a cool concept – Geek Dad Day on Father’s Day! Visit Wired Magazine’s Geek Dad Day for tons of DIY project ideas, and things Dads can do with their kids – like a Buckminster Fuller inspired Blanket Fort. AWESOME.
- This sweet post on the reality of “What Does Motherhood Feel Like?“ totally resonated with me this week, I love this line: “…when you are a mom, your heart is always a little bit broken because your children are going to have to go through life and you love them too much for this to happen…”
Have a wonderful summer weekend everyone – drink some lemonade for me!