So it’s St. Patrick’s Day on Sunday. I never know how to deal with this particular holiday. I love Ireland, and Irish culture. But I no longer drink beer, and I’m not a huge fan of horrible green glittery party favors. Birdie and I made a little shamrock garland, but that’s about as far as we got. I told her we’re celebrating Spring and all things green, but honestly, I’m not even sure! So, I’m planning to make some Vegan Shamrock Smoothies top o/ the mornin’ on Sunday, and we’ll call it good. I just cant seem to get creative with this holiday. What do you do for St. Paddy’s Day?
Oh – and learn a little more about my thoughts on being creative in this lovely interview with Classic Play, thanks Jennifer for letting me babble!
Round About the internet this week:
- See Bill Gekas’ amazing photo recreations of classical paintings using his daughter – I love her expressions (and her patience!).
- It’s been an inspirational week, and I love the message behind Etsy’s Show the World Your Magic post.
- Agh! Marimekko went and got even cuter by including these matched plate sets.
- New York’s Underground LIbrary is brilliant – read a snippet on the subway for free, get the book at the library afterwards. See the lovely video here.
- Tea Collection asked me for my opinion – which spring dress is my favorite? See why on the Tea Collection blog.
- See some great wooden puzzle comparisons from Buy Modern Baby.
When you’ve gone through those links, download and print my latest house printable from The Neighborhood – then print them all to build your own neighborhood!