Wow what a week! I’ve had so many great conversations and virtual chats this week – in big part it’s thanks to the Hopscout Videos. It’s like coming out of hibernation, this warm fuzzy feeling of wanting to connect with people. It’s cheering me up to no end. (ok, the sunshine today helped a bit too!) It’s a nice way to segue into Mother’s Day this weekend. We’ll be doing the same tradition we’ve had since the day my husband proposed to me: following the annual 100 mile garage sale that snakes it way south of us along the St. Croix River. It’s full of memories and familiar side trips. (and some super scores too!)
What about you guys? What’s your best part of Mother’s Day?
Here’s my favorite links around the web for the week:
- (image above) More and more I wish I had the time to buff up my sewing skills and create things. Especially when I see the beautiful dolls and animals like this fox made by Russian Designer Nalogina Lubov, found via Handmade Charlotte.
- Do you live in the Twin Cities area? My friend Maris (remember her gorgeous pics of Birdie?) and friends are looking for child models for future photography shoots. See the deets on Maris Ehlers Photography.
- Ack! Bloesem Kids is now making gorgeous little kids jewelry. Super simple, with a little bit of sparkle, I want some for Birdie and some for me too! Love. See them all at Bloesem Kids Wear Neon.
- I need to order every single kids book on this great top 5 books list over at Modern Kiddo, penned by the cool husband of the cool Miss Alix. I suggest you follow my lead.
- Stephanie gathered up an amazing list of DIY toy ideas – perfect for rainy days, or sunny days too, just bring it all outside with you! See the full list at Modern Parents Messy Kids.
- And in honor of Mother’s Day, enjoy this sweet free printable illustrated Mother’s Day print from Lil’ Magoolie and Diaper Style Memoirs and frame it asap! So sweet, and a superb idea for dads looking for a last-minute gift idea. (hint, hint?)
Help us keep Small for Big at the top of the list – vote for us daily in the Circle of Moms Top 25 Kids Style Blogs – we’ll appreciate you forever, I promise.